OHSU Requirements for Admission
1. Students must be in good academic standing and currently registered for their fourth year in a M.D. or D.O. degree program at a school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA). For all other students, please see "International Medical Students" below.
2. Students must be covered by malpractice/liability insurance at a level at $1,000,000 primary/$3,000,000 aggregate by his/her home school.
3. Students must have passed the USMLE/COMPLEX Step 1 Exam.
4.Students must have completed the following core clerkship requirements before the rotations begins:
- Family Medicine
5. Students must have passed a background check prior to starting a rotation at OHSU.
6. Completion of OHSU's immunization requirements. Please refer all questions regarding immunization to Health Services, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. PST at 503-494-8665.
7. Students must have their home school verify the student has health insurance. If the school is unable to verify this, the student must provide documentation of personal health insurance.
8. Upon acceptance into the program the student will be billed a $75 non-refundable fee.
9. Please refer to VSAS for application requirements not listed above.
All applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the start of the requested rotation.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are not eligible for a visiting student rotation at Oregon Health & Science University. Third year students are not accepted.
International Medical Students
We only accept students from Canada who are currently enrolled in a LCME accredited school. They may contact us at mdvisiting@ohsu for more information. If you are attending a foreign medical school outside of Canada, we unfortunately cannot accommodate you request for a clinical rotation.
All information contained in this document is subject to change without notice.