OHSU Requirements for Admission
1. Students must be in good academic standing and currently registered for their fourth year in a M.D. or D.O. degree program at a school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
2. Students must be covered by malpractice/liability insurance at a level at $1,000,000 primary/$3,000,000 aggregate by his/her home school.
3. Students must have passed the USMLE/COMPLEX Step 1 Exam. If your school does not require you to take the Step 1 until after your third year, upload a letter from your school that states that you have not taken the Step 1 due to a change in your school's curriculum.
4.Students must have completed the following core clerkship requirements before the rotations begins:
- Family Medicine
5. Students must have passed a background check within the past 12 months. If your school cannot verify that your background check is current, then you must have one done. We do not have a specific vendor that we prefer, but we do ask that a state (where your school is) and a federal check have been done and cleared. Once, that is done, please upload it to your VSAS account.
6. Completion of AAMC Immunization form.
7. Students must have their home school verify the student has health insurance. If the school is unable to verify this, the student must provide documentation of personal health insurance.
8. Upon acceptance into the program the student will be billed a $75 non-refundable fee.
9. Please refer to VSAS for application requirements not listed above.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are not eligible for a visiting student rotation at Oregon Health & Science University. Third year students are not accepted.