Put together a dedication to active lifestyles, bike transportation, community health and service to rural Oregon and you come up Cycle Oregon. Or OHSU. Or both.
OHSU jumped at the chance to become co-presenting sponsor — along with Moda Health — of the 2013 version of Cycle Oregon, one of the premier distance bike events in America.
Learn more about this ride's benefit to Oregon
How is Oregon’s health? As OHSU and Portland State University continue to partner to provide the best training models for future public health leaders, they also found time to report on the state of Oregon’s health.
Working with state and national agencies, their findings may help to identify effective and sustainable solutions to critical problems. The report also sets the stage to innovatively prepare a public health workforce that better understands the social determinants of health over a person’s lifespan.
Take a look at the state of your county’s health.
OHSU’s work across Oregon is the result of continuing support from the Oregon Legislative Assembly and the funds it provides for education and outreach. At OHSU Day in Salem this past spring, OHSU faculty, staff and students were available throughout the Capitol to share their expertise, knowledge and passion.
Learn more about why Oregon’s legislature supports OHSU.
For the third year in a row, OHSU has been recognized as a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013. OHSU earned top marks for its commitment to equitable, inclusive care for LGBT patients and their families, who can face significant challenges in securing adequate health care.
OHSU was also recognized with the 2013 Equality Advocate Award by Basic Rights Oregon, who applauded OHSU for outstanding leadership for LGBT equality and for trans justice work by providing inclusive health care benefits to employees and their dependents.
Learn more about OHSU’s important role in supporting diversity.
- A breakthrough with monkeys gets us closer to a cure for AIDS.
- $25 million gift will support pancreatic disease.
- OHSU research team converts human skin cells into embryonic stem cells.
- Late night food cravings explained.
- OHSU teams with Intel to decode root causes of cancer and other complex diseases.
- New OHSU walk-in clinic opens in Portland.
- OHSU Casey Eye Institute hosts international meeting on gene therapy.
- Doernbecher Children's Hospital ranks among nation's best.
- OHSU freezes tuition for students.
- OHSU lauds legislation to restrict tanning bed usage.