The DNA Services Core provides automated fluorescent "long read" capillary DNA sequence analysis and solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis. Learn more about us
DNA Services Core
The DNA Services Core is a unit of the Integrated Genomics Laboratory and is located on OHSU Marquam Hill Campus in Richard Jones Hall, room 5330.
Services We Offer
- Sanger Sequencing: Selective incorporation of chain-terminating ddNTPs by DNA polymerase during in vitro DNA replication to determine sequences up to 1kb in length
- Human Cell Line Authentication: Accurate authentication of human cell lines using STR analysis and meeting the ANSI/ATCC requirements
- Fragment Analysis: Detection of changes in the length of a specific DNA sequence to indicate the presence or absence of a genetic marker
- Targeted SNP Sequencing: Identification of a change in the genetic sequence that occurs at a site where a restriction enzyme cuts
- Oligo Synthesis: Creation of custom primers and probes for oligo and siRNA synthesis through Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
- DNA Quantification: Quantification, size and quality assessment of DNA samples
- Consulting: For project design and sample preparation assistance
To request services through the DNA Services Core, go to the iLab website.
For consultations, please contact Trevor McFarland at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need further information about the services we offer, please contact Trevor McFarland at email@example.com
Acknowledgements and Co-Authorship:
When presenting and publishing results from projects processed by the DNA Services Core, inclusion of the following statement is appreciated:
"Capillary electrophoresis DNA sequencing was performed in the OHSU DNA Services Core; this work utilized the 3730xl DNA Analyzer that was purchased with funding from NIH SIG grant S10 OD010609"
"STR profiling for human cell line authentication was performed in the OHSU DNA Services Core; this work utilized the 3730xl DNA Analyzer that was purchased with funding from NIH SIG grant S10 OD010609"