New Grant Announcements
NIH Research Project Grant (Parent R01) (PA-16-160)
NIH Exploratory /Developmental Research Grant Program (Parent R21) (PA-16-161)
NIH Small Research Grant Program (Parent R03) (PA-16-162)
NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Development of Medication to Treat Substance Use Disorders (UG3/UH3) (RFA-DA-17-015) National Institute on Drug Abuse Application Receipt Date(s): July 28, 2016
The Application of Big Data Analytics to Drug Abuse Research (R01) (PA-16-119) National Institute on Drug Abuse Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Notice of Information: NIDA offers Genotyping on Smokescreen® Genotyping Array to Substance Abuse Disorder Investigators: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-DA-16-013.html
- Targets of Low Dose Alcohol in the Brain http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AA-16-009.html http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AA-16-008.html
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Accelerating the Pace of Drug Abuse Research Using Existing Data (R01) (NOT-DA-16-012) National Institute on Drug Abuse National Cancer Institute National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Notice of Information: NIAAA and NIDA to have Institutional NRSA Applications Reviewed by a Common Panel of Experts beginning in 2016 (NOT-DA-16-007) National Institute on Drug Abuse National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Notice to Extend PAR-13-080 "Accelerating the Pace of Drug Abuse Research Using Existing Data (R01)" (NOT-DA-16-008) National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Notice to Extend PA-13-015 "Prescription Drug Abuse (R01)" (NOT-DA-16-009) National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Notice to Extend PA-13-016 "Prescription Drug Abuse (R21)" (NOT-DA-16-010) National Institute on Drug Abuse
NIH Policy on Rigor and Transparency
View a summary of all the changes required for HIH grants that are submitted after 5/25. These include: rigor and transparency, biological variables, vertebrate animals, and new Forms D formatting requirements.
NIH Notice: Biosketch update
Clarifications and consolidated biosketch instructions and format pages available for applications with due dates on or after May 25, 2016. (NOT-OD-16-080) National Institutes of Health, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
NOTE: This is NOT applicable for the upcoming MARC RPPR. It WILL BE applicable after 5/25.
SUMMARY: For all submissions after 5/25 a consolidated biosketch format is required. Specifically, the updated policy states that biosketches:
- Indicate that a URL for a publication list is optional and, if provided, must be to a government website (.gov) like My Bibliography.
- Allow publications (peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed) and research products to be cited in both the personal statement and the contributions to science sections
- State that graphics, figures and tables are not allowed.
- Remove the requirement that the past 3 years of research support are listed in order of relevance.
- Option to add other names used to author research products in section A.
- Research products can include conference proceedings such as meeting abstracts, posters, or other presentations.
- Research products that are under development, such as manuscripts that have not yet been accepted for publication, can be mentioned in the narrative sections. However, they cannot be cited as one of their citations.
- Researchers are encouraged to use the Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv) as a tool to build their biosketches
SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vita
This video focuses on special features in SciENcv that help users create, share, and maintain NIH Biosketch profiles for federal grant applications.