Technologists and Nurses
Since 2004, the Charles T. Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology has organized yearly Vascular and Interventional Education Days for technologists and nurses.
The goal: update technologists and nurses about recent developments in interventional treatment.
The two-day course is led by highly experienced interventionalists, specialists, technologists and nurses from Charles T. Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology and other Oregon hospitals.
The course covers such foundational topics as radiation safety, patient care, pain control during procedures and prevention of complications as well as such cutting-edge areas as new interventional treatments of vascular heart disease, liver disease, and stroke; interventions in trauma and venous diseases;new techniques for cancer treatment;and updates on neuro-interventions and embolization. The two-day event is further enriched with exhibitors from companies offering the best in emerging technology.
2018 Vascular and Interventional Education Days
- Carotid Stenting by Stewart Weber MD
- CCF_small by Ryan Priest MD
- Dotter CLABSI 11-02-2018 by Henriette Blanchard R.N.
- Dotter Vascular Assessment after Routine and Complex Procedures R. Garcia NP
- Hybrid OR Benefits &Challenges By Dr. Lee Hall MD
- IR anticoagulation by Dr. Bethany Samuelson MD
- IR bleeding disorders by Bethany Samuelson MD
- NeuroInterventional Potpourri - by Jesse Liu MD
- Radiation Safety in Angiography By Dr. Griglock
- Transarterial therapies for liver cancer.How decisions are made by Kenneth Kolbeck MD