What we do
Research Funding and Development Services, also referred to as RFDS, is a program within the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research that provides advice, consultation, and training for OHSU researchers. We work closely with other offices in Research Administration, such as Office of Proposal & Award Management (OPAM), as well as the OHSU Foundation. We also serve as the communication hub for information related to grants, research administration, and other key tools for investigators.
RFDS provides assistance to faculty, students, fellows, and staff in the following ways:
- Keeps you informed about potential funding opportunities via weekly Funding Alerts.
- Helps you strategize about your funding approach.
- Coordinates the Limited Submission process.
- Manages the Presidential Bridge Funding program.
- Reviews and discusses your proposal to help make it more competitive.
- Leads workshops and trainings for proposal writing.
- Assists with letters of institutional support and boilerplate.
- Offers a six-week professional science writing course open to all OHSU researchers.
- Publishes OHSU Research News—your source for the latest information on events, funding opportunities, policy changes, and more.
- Sends targeted emails to faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and other research staff regarding important institutional updates and information.