New IUD Users and Stress Hormones
Some women experience side effects like mood changes with IUDs but it is unclear if the type of IUD or different hormone levels in women can influence these side effects. The purpose of this study is to see what side effects women experience with different IUDs and whether hormone levels measured in the hair are associated with these changes.
Women between the ages of 18-39 who:
- Are planning on having an IUD placed or just had an IUD placed in the last 7 days
- Are not currently using a hormonal form of birth control
- Have regular menstrual cycles
- Are generally healthy and not taking prescription medications
- Have hair longer than 1.2 inches
This study requires 3 study visits at OHSU. Qualified participants may be compensated up to $300 for time and travel.
Who do I contact for additional information?
To find out more information and to learn if you are qualified to participate, call the Women’s Health Research Unit's confidential recruitment line at 503-494-3666 or email us at.