OHSU Patient Experience
OHSU provider profiles now feature star ratings. Watch the informative video below or scroll down to read frequently asked questions about how we turn patient surveys into star ratings.
Learn more about OHSU and provider ratings.
Who is Press Ganey?
Press Ganey partners with more than 50% of all U.S. hospitals to help improve clinical outcomes. Learn more about Press Ganey.
Who receives the survey?
Patients who are seen at OHSU's outpatient clinics and have an email address receive a survey. Surveys are emailed within a few days of appointments.
Why don't we see patient ratings and comments for every doctor?
The provider either doesn't have enough ratings and comments to show or has opted out.
What questions are asked on the survey?
- Friendliness/courtesy of the care provider.
- Explanation the care provider gave you about your problem or conditions.
- Concern the care provider showed for the questions or worries.
- Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment.
- Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand.
- Amount of time the care provider spent with you.
- Your confidence in the care provider.
- Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others.
Why does OHSU post their surveys online?
OHSU's core values include quality, transparency and service excellence. Provider ratings are our way of living those core values.