Cardiac Surgery Treatment Options
- Heart Failure and Transplant – OHSU has the only heart transplant program in Oregon.
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement – When heart valve disease cannot be treated with medication, heart valve repair or replacement may be the best solution.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) – This innovative and minimally invasive treatment option replaces the aortic valve without open-heart surgery.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Procedures – OHSU surgeons use the safest and most effective techniques for coronary artery bypass surgeries.
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery – OHSU heart surgeons are experts in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques.
- Aortic Surgery – We offer both scheduled and emergency thoracic aortic surgery.
Meet Our Team
Dr. Fred Tibayan
Dr. Tibayan is an Assistant Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at OHSU. He performs surgery for patients with all types of adult cardiovascular disease, including coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, heart failure, and diseases of the thoracic aorta.More Info
Dr. Howard Song
Dr. Song is the Chief of the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery as of July 2012 and is actively involved in both clinical and basic science research on cardiovascular disease.More Info
Matt Slater, M.D.
Dr. Slater is Co-Director of the Complex Heart Valve Clinic and Clinical Director of the Adult Cardiac Surgery Service. He is an expert in complex vavlular heart disease and minimally invasive cardiac surgery.More Info