It’s never too early to think about your heart. Almost everyone has risk factors for heart disease, stroke and diabetes
Do you know what yours are?
OHSU is the only hospital in Oregon to cover every aspect of heart care: We provide prevention, detection, care, treatment and education to people interested in managing and reducing the chance of developing heart disease.
Our experts will work with you to help determine your risk of heart disease and develop a program that helps you feel better and enjoy life. Your doctor can refer you to our clinic, or you can contact us on your own.
Our prevention program begins with a comprehensive cardiovascular risk assessment and access to state-of-the-art diagnostic tests, including:
- Laboratory testing, including advanced cholesterol and lipid tests, as well as complex risk factor analysis
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score (CACS) to detect asymptomatic early evidence of atherosclerosis (plaque)
- Coronary CT angiography to evaluate for blocked arteries
- Stress testing to measure your heart’s ability to respond to external stress
- Echocardiography to evaluate heart muscle and valves