Values in Maternity Care
The OHSU Department of Family Medicine values continuity of care and focuses on the health of our individual patients and their families. We hope to understand what is important to our patients, and the context in which they each live.
Our unique scope of practice brings together our knowledge of your pregnancy, birth, and the first moments of your child's life as we transition to caring for you and your family as it grows.
Some of our services include:
- Routine well-woman exams with cervical cancer screening.
- Preconception counseling and attention to optimal health pre-pregnancy.
- Routine pregnancy/prenatal care, including early office ultrasound.
- Genetic counseling and testing.
- Counseling on nutrition and exercise during pregnancy.
- Osteopathic manipulation for low-back pain in pregnancy.
- Normal vaginal birth, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), as well as Cesarean births.
- Moxibustion for breech version.
- Acupuncture for labor induction.
- Discussion of pain management options during labor, including non-medication techniques and information about doula support in labor.
- Postpartum care for women and their newborns, in the hospital as well as after transition to home.
- Breastfeeding support.
- Family planning advice and care, including IUD & Implanon insertions, tubal ligations and vasectomies.
- Newborn male circumcision.
- Well-child care and immunizations.