PCRO Mission and Goals
To facilitate the planning, design, coordination, performance, and tracking of clinical research in children according to local, federal, and international guidelines & laws.
- Investigate the pharmacology of novel therapeutic agents in children
- Increase the overall quantity and quality of clinical trials and especially participation in NIH-sponsored trials at DCH.
- Partner with OCTRI to develop translational research in pharmacogenomics and pharmacoproteomics
- Collaborate with community pediatricians to conduct clinical research
- Provide a milieu for educating health professionals about pediatric clinical research and clinical trials
- Attract inquiries for study participation from academic colleagues and industry partners