The Day Before Surgery
- Review the instructions for eating and drinking before the procedure
- Review tips on giving your child emotional support from our Child Life program
- Call us if your child is feeling sick at 503-418-5600.
- Remove all nail polish, jewelry and make-up from your child.
- If your child wears contact lenses, get them ready to wear glasses instead of contact lenses to the hospital.
- Make arrangements for the care of your other children.If you must bring another child with you to the hospital, bring an adult to care for them while you are with your child getting surgery. Visiting children are NOT allowed to stay overnight.
- Have your child bathe or shower before going to bed. Use special soap if directed by your surgeon. Dress them in clean clothes or pajamas.
- Read and follow the eating and drinking rules on the next page.