A place and a team of specialists just for kids.
We are specially trained pediatric emergency medicine doctors and nurses who treat only children. We provide your child excellent emergency care, including:
- Shorter wait time – your child is quickly settled into a comfortable room where we check them in, instead of spending time in the waiting area. Our wait times average less than 30 minutes.
- A comforting environment – you and your child will appreciate the separate, secure and kid-friendly waiting room, complete with computer games and a big-screen TV.
- Free valet parking – let us park your car while you take care of your child. [Seven days a week, 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.]
- Fully equipped pediatric emergency rooms – most evaluations or procedures can be provided in one room, so you and your child can stay comfortable and not have to move around.
- Access to more children’s specialists in one place than anywhere else in Oregon. We’ll never need to refer your child anywhere else for additional care because all the experts you need are right here at Doernbecher.
We are one of only two pediatric level 1 trauma centers in Oregon.
Level 1 trauma center designation signifies that the physicians, nurses, and administrators at Doernbecher Pediatric ERprovide the highest level of injury care. As a level 1 trauma center, we must provide comprehensive care to injured patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To provide these services requires a wide range of resources, including in-house trauma surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, anesthesiologists, promptly available specialists in a wide range of disciplines, and highly trained nursing staff.