What to Expect
When you call for a PANDA transport
- Our Emergency Communications Center will place you on a recorded line with the PICU/NICU attending physician who will assist you in arranging the transport.
- Our attending physician is available 24 hours a day by telephone to initiate, triage, and provide medical direction for each transport.
- Our attending physician will work with you to answer any pre-transport questions regarding patient diagnosis and the necessity for transport to Doernbecher.
- You will be instructed as to the required patient transfer forms, which must accompany your patient during transport.
During and after a PANDA transport
- While our team is en route, our attending physician is always available for questions or updates on the child's medical condition.
- When we arrive at your facility, we work in concert with you and your staff to rapidly stabilize your patient for return transport.
- Our medical management goal is to provide tertiary intensive care on transport equivalent to that received in either the NICU or PICU.
- When possible, we may allow one parent to accompany their child on the return trip.
- We will contact you with an update on your patient within 24 hours of their arrival.