Robotic Surgery for Pediatric Urology
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best children’s hospitals in the country in pediatric urology, Doernbecher provides more medical and surgical services than any other pediatric urology program in Oregon.
Infants and children have access to expert care for structural and functional abnormalities of the genitourinary tract, including kidney stones, bedwetting, exstrophy, hypospadias, hydronephrosis and vesicoureteral reflux.
At OHSU, our doctors with significant experience and specialized training in robotic technology treat urological conditions in children. Robotic technology allows doctors to complete procedures with precision and dexterity.
Robotic surgical procedures provided at OHSU include:
- Ureteral reimplantation
- Excision of urachal reminants
- Pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Partial nephrectomy
- Excision of prostatic utricle
Advantages of Robotic Surgery for Pediatric Urology include:
- Less discomfort after surgery
- Smaller and less noticeable scars
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and earlier return to normal activities