ORPRN and the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute are partnering to find ways to enhance mammography screening in rural areas.
THE ORPRN NETWORK
ORPRN is an active clinical research network of rural communities in Oregon. Our clinician members serve approximately 150,000 patients.
We aim to improve the health of rural Oregonians through health research with the communities and healthcare providers we serve.
Our goal is to conduct community-based research that:
- Is woven into the fabric of the community and the rural practices
- Reflects community health values, priorities, and needs
- Withstands the test of time and changes in health care funding
- Fosters understanding of the health care values, dynamics, structure and contributions of the practices in rural communities.
- How we meet our goals:Implementing the Chronic Care Model into practices
- Improving systems of care
- Conducting community-based participatory research
- Conducting translational research