Liver Cancer: Make An Appointment
At the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute liver cancer clinic, our liver cancer nurse coordinator will coordinate all the care you will receive. She is available to answer your questions and coordinate your appointments with our entire liver cancer team of doctors, nurses and therapists.
Contact the liver cancer care nurse coordinator at 503 418-9500
Information for making an appointment
We need information to identify you, to keep track of your medical record and to reserve the right amount of time for your appointment. We will ask for:
- Your name
- Your date of birth or Social Security number (this helps ensure that your medical information is not confused with someone who has a similar name)
- Reason for the appointment (be as specific as possible so that we can reserve the right amount of time for your visit)
- Whether you want a particular doctor or healthcare provider or the first available appointment
Be sure to register after you make your first appointment. When you register, we collect basic information from you to create your personalized medical record. Registration helps us keep track of you and your medical information, so it is ready when you come to your appointment.
If your health plan restricts the clinics or providers you can use, be sure your insurance approves your visit to the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute or any tests or procedures you have. This will help you avoid unexpected fees.
Canceling an appointment
If you cannot keep your appointment, please call 503 418-9500 as soon as possible or no later than the day before. We realize that sometimes emergencies come up and your plans may change. However, giving us as much notice as possible helps us better serve you and our other patients. When you call, we will help you reschedule for another day and time.
Preparing for your appointment
Although we will make most of the preparations for your appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card: Please bring your insurance, Medicaid or Medicare card to your appointments. We will verify your coverage so we can process your bill correctly.
- Co-payment or prepayment: If your health plan has a co-payment or you have a pre-payment requirement, please bring your payment with you. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA debit cards, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA.
- Medication list: Please bring a list of your current prescriptions and over-the-counter (nonprescription) drugs, vitamins or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Medical records and X-rays: If you are being referred to an OHSU liver cancer specialist from a non-OHSU clinic or doctor, please arrange for them to send your medical records and appropriate X-rays to us. For additional information, call Medical Correspondence at 503 494-8521.
- Notes about your health concerns: You might find it helpful to write a few notes about the symptoms you are having and any other health concerns.