Make an Appointment at a Community Clinic
When you or a loved one are diagnosed with cancer or blood disease getting treatment close to home can make a difficult time easier. OHSU Knight Cancer Institute has convenient community clinics throughout the greater Portland area.
When you call, first you will be connected with a representative, who will ask for your medical information to create a personalized medical record and then schedule an appointment. We will ask for the following:
- Your name
- Your date of birth or Social Security number (this helps ensure that your medical information is not confused with someone who has a similar name.)
- Reason for the appointment (diagnosis)
- Referring physician and other healthcare providers who have been involved with your current diagnosis
- Insurance information to verify your coverage
After your appointment has been scheduled, you will be transferred to registration to gather additional information and complete the new patient appointment process. It is important that you finish your entire registration over the phone. This will expedite your check-in process the day of your first appointment.
If your health plan restricts the clinics or healthcare providers you can use, be sure your insurance approves your visit or any tests or procedures you have. This will help you avoid unexpected fees.
Preparing for your Appointment
We will mail an information packet which includes a cover letter verifying your scheduled appointment, directions to the site location, medication form to complete, consent form, a copy of the Terms and Conditions of Service and other pertinent information. Although we will make most of the preparations for your appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card: Please bring your insurance, Medicaid or Medicare card with you to your appointments.
- Co-payment or prepayment: If your health plan requires a copayment, please bring your payment with you. We accept cash, personal checks, debit cards, American Express, Discover, Mastercard and VISA.
- Medications list: Please bring a list of your current prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
Cancelling an Appointment
If you cannot keep your appointment, please call us as soon as possible or no later than the day before. We realize that sometimes emergencies come up and your plans may change. However, giving us as much notice as possible helps us better serve you and our other patients. When you call, we will help you reschedule for another day and time.