How You Can Help
Giving Health and Hope
Our patients and their families are as motivated as we are to find cures and improve treatments. They make gifts to support others with cancer, to say thank you to doctors, scientists and staff, to honor loved ones or simply to create hope.
You may make a gift to a specific doctor or researcher, program, research area or clinical service. If you donate in honor or in memory of someone special, we can send a notice of your gift anywhere in the world. We especially appreciate general gifts to the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute where the leadership team can direct the dollars where they will have an immediate effect.
How Your Gift Helps
The overarching goal of the OHSU Knight cancer Institute is to make personalized cancer therapy a reality. Each patient’s cancer is unique, therefore the treatment of the cancer must be personalized. Even within a type of cancer, like breast cancer, we are striving to treat each tumor based on its’ genetic make-up. We are working to learn from each patient and tumor type, so we can help develop drugs that target each patient’s cancer in an individualized way. Our goal is to minimize the time from research breakthrough to cancer treatment.
Philanthropic support helps our programs, researchers and doctors. Recent gifts have helped us:
- Advance the studies of new cancer treatments
- Recruit and keep talented researchers and doctors through our Best and Brightest Fund and endowed faculty positions
- Build state of the art laboratories
- Train the next generation of cancer researchers through fellowships and outreach programs for promising high school and college students
- Provide patient support groups, seminars and counseling