Society for Neuroscience Oregon Chapter Meeting 2016
May 13–14, 2016
McMenamins Edgefield Winery
Registration Deadline: May 6, 2016
Student/Post Doc, $95
Guest of registrant (meals only), $50
SpeakersJanet Neisewander, Arizona State University School of Life Sciences
Macro effects of microRNAs on addiction-related gene expression
Erik Zornik, Reed College
Bottom-up signaling in a vertebrate vocal circuit: Motor neurons that mediate premotor rhythms
RNA granules - Nuclear export, intracellular transport, and localized gene expression
Dasa Zeithamova, University of Oregon
Retrieval-mediated learning and memory integration in the human hippocampus
Mini-Symposium on the Neuroscience of Addiction
Bonnie Nagel, Oregon National Primate Research Center at OHSU
Barbara Sorg, Washington State University, Vancouver
Awards will be presented for best student and post-doc posters and oral presentations.
Registration and abstract submission deadline: April 29, 2016
Abstract submission instructions
Submit abstract to Dr. Larry Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the email text, indicate presentation preference (poster or oral) and if you are a faculty member, post-doc, or student.
- Abstracts must be submitted as Microsoft Word documents.
- Please write your title in sentence case (first letter is capitalized; remaining letters are lower case). Do not bold or italicize your full title.
- List all authors who contributed to the work discussed in the abstract. The presenting author must be listed in the first author slot of the list. Include contact information for each author listed.
- The body of your abstract should be no more than 2,300 characters, including punctuation (not spaces).
- Use standard abbreviations. When using abbreviations for chemical compounds, spell out full for the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Do not abbreviate compounds in the abstract title.
- Enter the source(s) of contributed support to the research conducted within the abstract. Grant numbers may be listed here.
Housing and meals
A room block has been arranged for attendees of this meeting. To make a hotel room reservation, please call McMenamins Edgefield directly at 800 669-8610 and reference “OHSU Brain Institute.” Rooms in the block will be released April 13, 2016; please make your reservation before this date.
Please note that the cost of this conference covers all meals and meeting materials (including an abstract book).
You are welcome to bring a guest to this conference (non participating guest, but will be eating meals). The cost per guest is $50 and includes 3 meals and snacks. You may register this person(s) when you register online for the conference.
Friday, May 13
Mini-symposium on the Neuroscience of Addiction
Keynote Address - Dr. Janet Neisewander: Macro effects of microRNAs on addiction-related gene expression
Saturday, May 14
Oral Presentations Session I
Break and Poster Session II
Oral Presentations Session II
Awards and Adjournment