Nutrition during the first three months after surgery will help with recovery and give long-term health benefits, read more about how OHSU is here to help.
Regular meetings with your OHSU Dietitians during the first 3 months is important to help you progress through the initial stages of your post-bariatric diet. We will focus on how you are tolerating your current diet and continue to work to help you establish a healthy dietary routine.
At each meeting we will:
- Review your current diet
- Help troubleshoot any food/nutrition problems you are having currently
- Work with you to make sure you are meeting your protein and fluid goals
- Make sure you are taking the right vitamins and that you are taking them at the right time
- Give you instructions on how to advance to the next diet stage including what foods to add and those to continue to avoid
- We encourage you to and are available for you to contact us with any questions in between visits