Traveling for medical care can seem overwhelming: At OHSU, we are here to help. Our team can coordinate many aspects of your visit to Portland, including travel and lodging assistance, appointment scheduling, translation services and more.
OHSU has made U.S. News & World Report magazine’s best hospitals list for 20 consecutive years: The magazine ranks us as the No. 1 hospital in Oregon. OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital also rates among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S.
When you come to OHSU for your health care, you will see world-renowned specialists who are involved in developing new cures and global standards of care. You will receive the latest treatments and therapies — many of which were developed or refined right here at OHSU.
At OHSU, board-certified doctors, nurses and health care professionals who are experts in their fields will all work together to bring you the most advanced, personalized care.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
Portland, Oregon, is a big city with small-town manners.
Nicknamed the "City of Roses," Portland sits at the junction of the Willamette and Columbia rivers, between the mountains of the Coast Range on the west and the Cascade Range on the east. OHSU's Portland location offers beautiful vistas, cultural diversity, a thriving culinary scene, food and drink festivals and an unlimited array of recreational possibilities.
Some of the best-known international brands—including Adidas, Columbia Sportswear and Nike—are located right here in Portland.
Interested in exploring the surrounding areas? From downtown Portland, a 90-minute drive west will bring you to the Oregon coast; a 90-minute drive east takes you to Mount Hood, for some of the best skiing in America; a 30-minute drive gets you to the vineyards of Oregon wine country or Columbia River Gorge; and a three-hour drive will bring you to Seattle.
Preparing for your stay
We can help you with anything from understanding your bill to finding something to eat, making an appointment, preparing for your stay, visiting a patient or getting your medical records.
- Our team can help you find lodging close to OHSU; many options offer a discount for OHSU patients and family. Learn more about area options.
- Parking is free for OHSU patients, friends and family members. On Marquam Hill, we even offer free valet parking! Learn more about where to go. Or hop on one of Portland's many public transit options
- Need to know what to bring and what to leave at home? Info for your procedure
- Get convenient, secure access to your OHSU medical records. With OHSU MyChart, you can log on and send private messages to your doctors, request an appointment or even pay your bill online.
DURING YOUR VISIT
OHSU Interpreters can assist in over 75 different languages to ensure effective communication between you, your family and your caregivers. Learn more
OHSU Healthcare Services
OHSU cares for the hardest-to-treat patients, and provides an extensive range of services from everyday healthcare needs to the most complex and highly sophisticated treatments and procedures. We offer comprehensive healthcare services – here are a few specialty programs you may be interested in:
- Bone & Joint Care (Orthopaedics)
- Brain Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Pediatrics (OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital)
- Spine Care
- Women's Health
- Telemedicine and Second Opinions
AFTER YOUR VISIT
Billing and insurance
At OHSU, we aim to make billing simple. Our experienced financial team will help you understand your costs, billing and payment options. We take forms of payment including:
- Credit card
- Wire transfer
- Embassy-sponsored payment
Find out more information on insurance and payment options.