Medication Refill Policy
Refill requests on previously prescribed medications are an important part of the ongoing care JBT provides for our patients. Please plan ahead and allow at least 48 to 72 business hours for this process.
To obtain a prescription refill:
- Call your pharmacy first to ask for a refill request. This is an integral part of the process to minimize prescribing and dosing errors.
- The pharmacy will then fax us the refill request.
- We will review requests within 1-2 business days from the date of receipt. This means a request made on Friday may not reach us until Monday.
Refill requests may be denied if we have not seen or monitored you for your condition for a certain period of time, depending upon the particular health condition. We will communicate with you regarding any reasons for denial or the need for a follow-up visit prior to refill. Keep in mind that controlled substances require signed prescriptions by law, and cannot be filled without a patient encounter. Please review the JBT controlled substance contract if your medication falls within this category.
Important information regarding refills:
- If you are new to JBT, please make an appointment to establish care with us so that we can meet your prescription refill and healthcare needs. We are not able to refill prescriptions prescribed by other providers without seeing you first.
- Our after-hours nurse call line is not able to refill prescriptions.