Primary Care Services
Common services and areas of treatment include:
- Preventative care
- OHSU compliance requirements (including annual TB screening; vaccinations; and requirements for students with HIV, Hepatitis B, or Hepatitis C)
- Acute injuries and illnesses
- Exposures (including blood-borne pathogens, needlesticks, etc.)
- Chronic conditions
- Sexual and reproductive health (including contraception, IUDs, pregnancy screening, STI screening, etc.)
- Transgender Health Care
- Dermatology and minor procedures
- Travel medicine and vaccinations
- Medication management (view our medication refill policy)
- Referrals and more!
JBT's Primary Care team includes a Physician, a Nurse Practitioner, and a Nurse Practitioner/Acupuncturist. Your primary care provider will assess your concerns and address them directly, order diagnostic services such as laboratory or imaging studies when indicated, and if necessary refer you to specialty services at OHSU or in the community.
Billing and Fees for Primary Care:
Most primary care services done at JBT are free, regardless of your health insurance. Some exceptions apply, such as travel vaccines. Anything performed or processed outside of JBT (labs, imaging, referrals to other providers, etc.) is subject to those providers' billing practices and your insurance coverage. Visit our Billing and Fees page for more information, and remember that it is your responsibility to ask about costs for your particular situation prior to services being performed.
Integration with Behavioral Health Services:
If the concerns you are experiencing have an emotional or behavioral health component, our primary care providers may consider a referral to one of our Behavioral Health providers. If you seek counseling, you can request an appointment with one of our psychologists or our psychiatrist without first seeing the primary care staff.
Appointments can be made by calling 503-494-8665 or, for return visits, you can schedule online via MyChart™. Same day appointments are usually available, especially early in the day.
Primary care hours:
Prior Medical Records
In order for us to provide you the best care possible we encourage you to request outside records from your previous providers. Please use the link below.