The Joseph B. Trainer (JBT) Health & Wellness Center serves OHSU students and postdoctoral scholars on the Portland campus. We provide primary care, behavioral health, integrative medicine, and wellness services in a convenient location on Marquam Hill.
Who is eligible for JBT?
- OHSU students on the Portland campus. Please check with your program if you have questions about eligibility.
- (For primary care services) OHSU students' adult dependents, including spouses, domestic partners, and children over 18
- Postdoctoral fellows with a 0.5 FTE appointment or higher
New students become eligible to use JBT on the first day of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) coverage period, whether or not a student has SHIP or has waived out.
- To preserve and enhance the physical, emotional and behavioral health of the wide range of students and postdoctoral fellows at OHSU
- To provide high quality health care in a professional, confidential and compassionate environment
- To support students and postdoctoral fellows in their professional development by providing a wide range of health care services in an easily accessible and affordable manner
Hours of Operation
Monday 7am - 5pm
Tuesday 7am - 7pm
Wednesday 8am - 5pm
Thursday 8am - 7pm
Friday 7am - 5pm
Counseling appointments may be available outside of these hours.
- Scheduling: Please call 503-494-8665, Option 1 during the above hours to make an appointment.
- Online scheduling: For follow-up primary care appointments, you can use MyChart to schedule online.
- Walk-ins: Walk-ins are triaged by primary care staff. While we always do our best to meet all health care needs of our patients, an appointment with a provider may or may not be available. Students and postdoctoral fellows are urged to call in advance for an appointment, even the same day, if they have an urgent or acute medical problem.
Fax: 503-494-2958For non-urgent scheduling requests and general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For pre-entrance or annual immunization related questions, please email askjbtRN@ohsu.edu
For student health insurance and waiver application questions, please contact the OHSU Human Resources Benefits Office at email@example.com or by calling 503-494-7617 Option 4.
For emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency facility. See list of emergency resources for some options
For non-emergent, after-hours nurse triage, please call the OHSU hospital operator at 503-494-8311 and ask for the JBT after-hours nurse triage line. If you can't wait for a phone call back, call 911 for immediate emergency assistance from a trained operator.
We are located in the basement of Baird Hall. Primary care services are in room 18 and our counseling, wellness and administrative offices are in room 6.
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road
Mail Code L-587, Baird Hall Room 18
Portland, Oregon 97239-3098