OHSU's simulation programs and centers provide targeted trainings with five different types of models: Task Trainer Simulation, Manikin-based Simulation, Standardized Patient Simulation, Virtual Reality Simulation, and Tissue-based Simulation.
OHSU Simulation Vision
Advancing excellence in interprofessional patient care through innovative, simulation-based education, training and research.
OHSU Simulation Mission
As leaders in interprofessional, simulation-based research, education, and training we will:
- Promote a culture of collaboration that advances best practices and the highest standards of quality care and patient safety.
- Leverage our multiple institutes, centers, schools, departments and individual excellence to prepare world class healthcare providers using advanced healthcare simulation.
- Transforms health and science education through interprofessional collaboration across the academic, healthcare and science communities.
- Lead and advocate for state-wide simulation programs that improve health for all Oregonians, and extend OHSU's education, research and health care missions through a network of community partners.
- Advance excellence in interprofessional simulation for healthcare through the creation and implementation of new knowledge and technologies.
- Apply new clinical and educational research for simulation-based education and translate these discoveries into health and commercial sectors.