Quality Improvement Projects (QIPs)
The following are QI projects completed at our ECLEPs Partner Sites. These projects were led by ECLEPs students and site staff. Prior to the initiation of these projects, participants completed an 8-hour QI training workshop led by the LiveWell Team at CareOregon and Malinda Burt MNE RN, a student in OHSU's MNE Graduate Program. In this workshop, learners were trained in improvement science and learned "how" to facilitate QI. Upon completion of the workshop, Malinda continued on as the Quality Improvement Coach for the students and site staff.
Please click on the following project titles to see details and related images.
- Reducing resident falls with utilization of sensory stimulation activities
- Reducing resident falls and occurrence of urinary tract infections by creating a process for communicating resident changes in condition between caregivers and nurses
- Improving the process for communicating resident changes in condition and requests to see a nurse
- Improving compliance and staff confidence with emergency preparedness plan
- Improving real-time reporting of new skin injuries between caregivers and nurses
- Reducing medication errors
- Increasing compliance with obtainment of monthly resident weights
- Reducing resident falls