Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist Oregon Health &Science University,School of Nursing in their search for a Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Diversity.
- Chief Student Affairs administrator carrying full responsibility for the vision, leadership and administration of student affairs and all matters relating to student recruitment and admissions,administration of scholarship awards, student support services, including coordination with relevant University offices, and student conduct. Additionally, this individual provides mediation and conflict resolution for student-faculty issues.
- Chief Diversity officer charged with leading initiatives to further build on and broaden already successful initiatives in diversity and inclusion at the SON.
The Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs & Diversity has overall statewide responsibility for student recruitment and admissions, administration of scholarship awards, oversight of learning support services,student support services, including coordination with relevant University offices, and student conduct.This individual provides mediation and conflict resolution for student-faculty issues. The Student Affairs Dean is also responsible for leading initiatives to increase diversity and inclusion at the SON. This position requires an earned doctorate in nursing or related field.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Ensures access to quality and effective learning support services for student success and retention across programs and campuses
- Represents the SON on OHSU councils and committees to enhance the quality of academic, social, and community development of students statewide.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of OHSU student affairs policies, leading policy development in the SON
- Collaborates with OHSU Student Access to ensure student accommodation for students with disabilities.
- Supports and advocates for students throughout their educational experience.
- Engages with the OHSU legal department, Risk Management, and AAEO and other OHSU services to ensure that students access resources and receive due process in all matters.
- Serves as the SON Conduct officer and OHSU AAEO Liaison.
Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to create a campus climate that is inclusive and promotes diversity in all of its various forms in student activities.
- Provides education and training opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to advance the objectives of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in clinical practice settings.
- Oversees the visiting scholar program and participates in university international program planning and initiatives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
Strategic Enrollment Management
- Lead and collaborate in the strategic coordination of recruitment/marketing, admissions, orientation,financial support, student experience, academic support, retention, and degree/goal attainment to fulfill the SON's mission and students' educational goals.
- Ensures that the Office of Recruitment and Admissions has resources and support to carry out all aspects of enrollment services.
- Collaborates with the faculty and the Director for Recruitment and Admissions to increase the diversity of the student body and participates in university-wide diversity planning and implementation of diversity initiatives.
- Secures scholarship and financial aid funding for students through grant writing and community partnerships. Consults with the OHSU Foundation regarding student scholarship support and alumni activities.
OHSU School of Nursing https://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-nursing/ The School of Nursing ranks in the top tier in the country for academic programs and research. Noteworthy aspects of the School and University include national recognition for inter professional education, global partnerships, a seamlessly laddered education pathway for community college students, a statewide education system that includes five campuses of the School of Nursing, and a University-level Campus for Rural Health.
OHSU https://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/ is Oregon's only academic health center and is nationally distinguished as a research university dedicated to advancing health sciences. With over 4,000 students and other trainees in schools of medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and public health. With top-ranked adult and children's hospitals throughout the state, OHSU has over 16,000 employees and brings in $400 million a year in research funding. The University is a nationally recognized leader in interprofessional education to achieve student competency in clinical teamwork that serves the health of the public.
To view full job description or apply, please visit: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyllf28
Inquiries and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to Jennifer Muller, Managing Partner with Academic Career & Executive Search: Jennifer@ACESrch.com or call 860-740-2600