Graduate Medical Education is one of the central missions of Oregon Health & Science University Learn More
The Power of Difference
As the demographics of our state and country evolve, we as an institution pledge to mold a workforce that mirrors the cultural milieu.
At Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) School of Medicine, we aim to recruit, retain, and develop diverse resident physicians of the highest caliber. We believe that in order to deliver great health care, we must train culturally-competent physicians from diverse backgrounds - including members of racial and ethnic groups that are historically under-represented in medicine, individuals raised in rural environments, and people who have overcome significant social and financial disadvantages.By weaving together a team of health care professionals that has a varied set of perspectives, values and experiences, we will create a welcoming environment that is inclusive and that fosters growth and innovation. We believe in the power of difference to fulfill our academic missions!
- 08/08/2018 From the dean: embracing progress as we welcome a new academic year
- 07/24/2018 OHSU trainees find their GME home
- 05/29/2018 Why I Teach: Dr. Erin Bonura
- 05/03/2018 Dr. Kelly Haisley receives national Outstanding Resident Teacher Award
- 04/13/2018 Dr. Nathan Selden leads neurosurgery Milestones effort for graduate medical education
- 04/11/2018 Mark O. Hatfield Lecture with Dr. Freeman Hrabowski
- 03/20/2018 Where there’s a will to be inclusive, there’s a way
- 03/06/2018 International exposure for residents in clinical rotation
- View all news