Continuing Education at OHSU
Type of credit offered: AMA PRA Category 1™
Contact: Alex Cotgreave
Fee: Fees vary depending on the type of activity. Contact the division for details.
Application Process: Contact the CME office to obtain an application packet.
Application Timeline: Applications are due 45 days before the start of the activity.Professions that accept this type of credit:
- MDs and DOs: Oregon physicians must earn 60 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or equivalent CME over the course of two years (OAR 847-008-0070) .
- Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education). For the purposes of relicensure the Oregon State Board of Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for attendance at structured learning activities offered by organizations (in this case: OHSU, Division of CME) accredited by the ACCME. (OAR 851-050-0142).
- Physician Assistant: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
- Certified Nurse Midwife: The American College of Nurse Midwives has granted reciprocity status for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ issued by providers accredited by the ACCME and relevant to midwifery.
- Licensed Social Workers: The Oregon Board of Licensed Social Workers accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for continuing education requirements.
- Many other disciplines such as researchers, PharmD's, occupational therapists, physical therapists and anes-techs request credit memos for re-licensure or recertification if applicable. Many societies and credentialing bodies accept the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ as an equivalent as long as the topic is relevant to the applicant's field or discipline. If you have doubts whether an activity will qualify for CE, contact your Board prior to registering for the course.
Type of credit offered: CE contact hours
Contact: Michael Blankenbeckler
Application Process: Contact CNE office to obtain an application packet.
Application Timeline: Applications due 21 days before start of the activity.Professions that accept this type of credit: Registered Nurses
Type of credit offered: CDE: ADA CERP
Contact: Alexandria Dewey
Fee: There is a fee for CDE. Contact the department for details.
Application Process: Contact the CDE department to obtain a OHSU Speaker Packet.
Application Timeline: Applications are due 3 months prior to the activity.Professions that accept this type of credit:
- Dentists: General Practice Dentists, Pediatric Dentists, Endodontists, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Orthodontists, Prosthodontist
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Lab Technicians
Type of credit offered: ASRT approved A+ CE credits
Contact: Maria Thompson or ASRT
Phone: Maria Thompson: 503-494-3445, ASRT: 1-800-444-2778 ext. 1906
Fee: CE credit review fee of $60 per day and $5 per credit
Application Process : All institutions submitting courses for CE approval must submit electronically via the ASRT online portal : https://www.asrt.org/main/continuing-education/asrt-request-for-approval-information
Necessary for submission:Professions that accept this type of credit: Radiation Therapy: R.T.(T)
Representatives are available to assist by phone and can be contacted at 1-800-444-2778 ext. 1906
- Course title, schedule, speaker, and date of conference.
- Course objectives
- Payment of the CE credit review fee of $60 per conference day and $5 per credit.
Contact: Rachael Godlove
Fee: $50 per activity / $250 for multi-day conference
Application Process: Complete form including providing a detailed description of the activity.
Application Timeline: Approximately 2 weeks
Contact: Alexis Young
Application Process: The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) provides prior approval for continuing education credits for CDR credentialed providers. Prior approval is required for self-learning or recorded events and optional for live events. To learn more about prior approval, the information required to submit a prior approval, and to apply, please visit the CDR website: https://www.cdrnet.org/form-prior-approval
Application Timeline: At least four weeks prior