Medical Student Clerkship
OHSU: 125 Years of Connection
Thank you for your interest in our department and in the medical student clerkship program.
All Clerkship applications (MD and DO) are processed by the Education & Student Affairs Office. Their website has information about the visiting student program and how to apply.
Please visit the Visiting Studentspage
The clinical clerkship in Radiation Medicine is an opportunity to learn the principles of oncology, focusing on how to care for patients who are being treated with radiation from the initial consultation to treatment planning to management of side effects. Students will be expected to be proficient in evidence-based medicine, statistics, and direct patient care.
**All applications are electronic via the Visiting Students Application Service (VSA). **
Applications will be accepted according to the schedule created by the Education & Student Affairs Office.
Visiting student applications are only accepted from students in good standing who are receiving an M.D. from a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited institution. Students from LCME accredited medical schools must apply using the AAMC's Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS). Paper applications will not be accepted.
Visiting Osteopathic Medical Student applications are only accepted from students in good standing who are receiving a D.O. degree from a school which is accredited by the Education Department of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
If your application is accepted, OHSU requires a criminal background check. Students will not be allowed to begin a rotation until the criminal background check has been completed.
OHSU no longer does the background check for visiting medical students. Thus, it is the responsibility of the visiting medical students to do one of the following.
- Have their school send a signed letter, on their University letterhead, stating that a background check has been performed and cleared on the student.
If your application is accepted, go to this web site:
Again, thank you for inquiring about our program; I look forward to receiving your application and meeting you.
Postgraduate Program Coordinator
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
Phone: 503-418-2211 | Email: email@example.com
- 12 epic summer road trips across Oregon
- Wendy McGinnis, MS, has successfully matched in radiation oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Jehan Yahya will be presenting 2 papers at the 2018 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium
- Dr. Thomas co-authors survey of burnout in postgraduate radiation oncology trainees
- Weekly Chart Rounds
- Multiple abstracts selected for presentation at the
103RD SA&A meeting of the RSNA
- Co-chief residents receive fundable scores for 2017-18
ASTRO Resident Seed Grant award
- Platelet count as a predictor of metastasis and venous
thromboembolism in patients with cancer [IOP
- Dr. Blair Murphy accepted into the 2017 ASCO/AACR Workshop
- Dr. Brian Kavanagh, 2017 ASTRO President visits OHSU
- Association of pre-residency peer-reviewed publications with radiation oncology resident choice of academic versus private practice career
- Terri Welsh and colleagues at the annual meeting of AROPC
- Joshua Walker, MD, PhD becomes the 6th OHSU Radiation
Medicine member to receive the ASCO Young Investigator Award
- Dr. Simon Brown has been selected to attend the 19th
- Dr. CR Thomas, Jr. was a keynote presenter at the 47th
Annual University of Florida Radiation Oncology Outcomes Tracking Seminar
- Dr. CR Thomas, Jr., presents at the 47th Annual UF Rad
Onc Outcomes Tracking Seminar
- Dr. Thomas, a visiting professor in the dept. of radiation oncology at University of Pittsburgh
and Demand for Radiation Oncology in the United States: A Resident Perspective
- Knight Cancer Institute achieves Comprehensive Cancer Center status, the highest distinction award by the NCI[PDF]
- Jaime Zelaya, PhD (co-leader of the OHSU Radiation Medicine Student Interest Group) served as a panelist at the 2016 OHSU MSTP Annual Retreat
- Radiation Medicine
Department highlights from ASTRO
- Applicant Interview Experiences and Postinterview Communication
- Dr Nabavizadeh, presents certificates of appreciation to visiting medical students
- Dr. CR Thomas, Jr. visits the Utrecht University Medical Center, Hosted by JW Lagendijk
- Dr. Walker selected to attend the AACR/ASCO Educational Workshop in Vail, Colorado
- Dr. CR Thomas, Jr. re-visited college to introduce opportunities in the OHSU Radiation Medicine Program
- Dr. Kristina Young has been selected to receive designation as a 2016 Scholar
- Drs. Bornstein, Mitin, &Thomas to serve as moderators &discussants for 2016 ASTRO meeting
- Oregon Brewers Festival
- Dr. Thomas Discusses Holman Research Progress with Dr. Walker and Dr. Redmond
- Journal of Clinical Oncology Special Series (Sept. 2014): Radiation Oncology: Emerging Technology, Translational Frontiers, & Novel Clinical Paradigms
- Dr. Charles Thomas, represented at the annual Medical Specialty Speed Dating event in November 2013
- OHSU Radiation Medicine were presenter and co-presenters at the 55th Annual ASTRO meeting
- OHSU Radiation Medicine team co-authors a record 24 presentations for the 55th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Radiation Oncology.
- Radiation Medicine's prepares trainees with annual mock oral board examinations
- Department Report: The New Face of Radiation Oncology at OHSU