Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatry residents and fellows, medical students, social workers, masters in administration, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacists. Additionally, Psychiatry Grand Rounds is open to the public.
Typically held the 1st, 3rd & 4th Tuesdays of each month
Noon to 1pm, 8B60, 8th Floor, OHSU Hospital (unless otherwise noted)
Psychiatry Grand Rounds provides continuing medical education for the target audience. We strive to enable discussion that is both about and involves the patient so the physician can better understand the depth of one's mental illness. In Grand Rounds, we explore the history of certain policies and procedures in place for handling mentally ill patients and what can happen to improve care and treatment that they receive, as well as to better explain and expand on various forms of mental illness and how treatment should be approached and practiced by the clinician.
Accessing Psychiatry Grand Rounds Remotely
Our lectures are viewable remotely, simply Click Here to view recordings of past presentations. To receive CME credit, you must watch the lecture live during the time of the presentation (live presentations will populate to the top of the screen at the scheduled time). After you watch the Grand Rounds, you can submit your attendance by filling out an evaluation survey which you can obtain from Micaela Sandoval (email@example.com), Grand Rounds Coordinator.
Grand Rounds Schedule
June 6, 2017
Exploring the Psychological Impacts of Racism: Part II
- Discuss the concept of "White Fragility"
- Assess the current political milieu and the trauma it has triggered
- Understand the historical context of racism as a powerful social construct
June 20, 2017
Suicide Prevention at the VA
- Identify core services provided by the suicide prevention program at the VA
- Discuss the different suicide assessment and safety planning tools utilized in the VA system
- Identify community collaborations and resources for meeting the aim of preventing suicide in their patient population
June 27, 2017
An Atypical Psych/Neuro Presentation: Understanding Autoimmune Encephalitis
- Discuss the intersection and overlay of psychiatric and neurological disease.
- State the history and current understanding of the pathophysiology of anti-NMDA receptor antibody positive encephalitis.
- Summarize the clinical diagnostics, workup, and management of suspected autoimmune encephalitis.
Grand Rounds Notification
We send out notifications a few days in advance of Grand Rounds. If you would like to receive these notifications, please fill out the form below.