Prospective Residents & Fellows
Did You Know?
- Among our department's 38 residents, each will place on average over 200 peripheral nerve blocks during the course of their training
- Our faculty have international experience in teaching regional anesthesia skills and techniques, including Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Canada.
- We primarily use ultrasound guidance with or without nerve stimulation.
- We place between 1,200 and 2,000 peripheral nerve blocks annually.
- Over 70 percent of our nerve blocks utilize continuous catheter techniques.
- Approximately half of the patients receiving continuous nerve block catheters go home with a catheter & home pump through our innovative home pump program