The mission of the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine is to provide superior clinical care and achieve excellence in education and research.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine strives to:
- Deliver outstanding care to adult and pediatric patients in the perioperative period, including acute and chronic pain management and critical care.
- Provide an excellent education for our residents, fellows and medical students, as well as continuing education and professional development for our faculty and staff.
- Foster an academic atmosphere to promote excellence in basic science, clinical and education research.
- Create a departmental culture that ensures collegiality and a high degree of job satisfaction for all members of the department.
- Practice fiscal discipline to ensure a balanced budget, adequate financial compensation to our department members and a competitive presence in the healthcare market.
- Foster an environment of citizenship within the department, Oregon Health and Science University, Doernbecher Hospital, Veterans Affairs Hospital and throughout Oregon.
- Actively participate in the education of our patients, families and members of our community about healthcare concerns related to anesthesiology, pain management and critical care medicine.
- Embrace the diversity of our communities through a philosophy of trust, respect and understanding.