Xiangshu Xiao, PhD
Professor, Physiology and Pharmacology
Physiology & Pharmacology
Program in Molecular & Cellular Biosciences
Background & Education
Postdoc 2007, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Ph.D. 2005, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
M.Sc. 2001, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai
B.S. 1998, Beijing Medical University
Cancer chemical biology. Please go here for more details.Publications
1. Jiang, M.;Yan, Y.;Yang, Kai, Liu, Z.;Qi, J.;Zhou, H.;Qian, N.;Zhou, Q.;Wang, F.;Wang, T.;Xu, X.;Xiao, X.;Deng, L. "Small molecule nAS-E targeting cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) and CREB-binding protein interaction inhibits breast cancer bone metastasis", J. Cell. Mol. Med., 2018, doi 10.1111/jcmm.14024.
2. Duque-Afonso, J. Lin, C. H. Han, K. Morgens, D. W. Jeng, E. E. Weng, Z. Jeong, J. Wong, S. H. K. Zhu, L. Wei, M. C. Chae, H. D. Schrappe, M. Cario, G. Duyster, J. Xiao, X. Sakamoto, K. M. Bassik, M. C. Cleary, M. L. "CBP modulates sensitivity to dasatinib in pre-BCR+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia" Cancer Res., 2018, 78, 6497-6508.
3. Li, B. X.;* Chen, J.;Chao, B.;Zheng, Y.;Xiao, X.* "A Lamin-Binding Ligand Inhibits Homologous Recombination Repair of DNA Double-Strand Breaks" ACS Cent. Sci. 2018, 4, 1201-1210.
4. Li, B. X.;* Chen, J.;Chao, B.;David, L;Xiao, X.* "A lamin-binding ligand LBL1 targets nuclear lamins, ACS Chem. Biol., 2018, 13, 1380-1387.
5. Sanford-Crane, H.;Pejovic, T.;Xiao, X.* "Drugging Homologous Recombination: Back to the Future" Future Medicinal Chemistry, 2018, 10, 1279-1281.
6. Meng, Q.;Li, B. X.;Xiao, X.* "Towards Developing Chemical Modulators of Hsp60 as Potential Therapeutics" Front. Mol. Biosci., 2018, doi: 10.3389/fmolb.2018.00035.
7. Chao, B.;Li, B. X. Xiao, X.* "Design, synthesis and evaluation of antitumor acylated monoaminopyrroloquinazolines" Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2017, 27, 3107-3110.
8. Liu, X.;Qian, Z.;Cao, Z.;Xie, F.;Fan, W.;Xiao, X.;Barnes, A. P.;Kaul, S.;Alkayed, N. J.* "Functional Screening for G Protein-coupled Receptor Targets of 14,15-Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acid" Prostaglandins and Other Lipid Mediators, 2017, 132, 31-40.
9. Xie, F.;Li, B. X.;Xiao, X.* "Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Regioisomers of 666-15 as Inhibitors of CREB-mediated Gene Transcription" Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2017, 27, 994-998.
10. Li, B. X.;Gardner, R.;Xue, C.;Qian, D. Z.;Xie, F.;Thomas, G.;Kazmierczak, S. C.;Habecker, B. A.;Xiao, X.* "Systemic Inhibition of CREB is Well-tolerated in vivo" Scientific Reports, 2016, 6, 34513.
11. Francois, S.;Sen, N.;Mitton, B.;Xiao, X., Sakamoto, K.;Arvin, A.* "Varicella-Zoster virus activates CREB and Inhibition of the pCREB-p300/CBP-interaction inhibits viral replicaiton in vitro and skin pathogenesis in vivo" J. Virol., 2016, 90, 8686-8697.
12. Mitton, B.;Chae, H-D;Hsu, K.;Dutta, R.;Aldana-Masangkay, G.;Ferrari, R.;Davis, K.;Tiu, B.;Kaul, A.;Lacayo, N.;Dahl, G.;Xie, F.;Li, B.;Breese, M.;Landaw, E.;Nolan, G.;Pellegrini, M.;Romanov, S.;Xiao, X.;Sakamoto, K.* "Small Molecule Inhibition of cAMP Response Element Binding Protein in Human Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells" Leukemia, 2016, 30, 2302-2311.
The Xiao group at Program in Chemical Biology, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Knight Cancer Institute at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) invites outstanding applicants for a postdoctoral position in cancer chemical biology. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team of investigators with expertise in drug discovery, organic synthesis, computational chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology. The candidate will be working in an exciting area of cancer chemical biology. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for the design, synthesis and evaluation of small molecules as novel cancer therapeutics and chemical tools to elucidate signaling mechanisms. In addition, the candidate should be capable of analyzing the data and writing up of the results into appropriate manuscript form for peer-reviewed publications. The candidate will have ample opportunities for participating grant writing, seminar presentation and other professional development. The candidate must show demonstrated capability to work within a highly collaborative environment. A Ph.D. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or other related discipline is required. Salary will be competitive ($47,484 and up). Highly motivated individuals should send their current CV and names and contact information of three references to: Prof. Xiangshu Xiao, Ph.D. by email email@example.com. OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
Knight Cancer Institute
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd
Portland, OR 97239
Phone: (503) 494-4748