The deadline for applications for Fall 2019 admission is December 3, 2018.
Procedures and policies for submitting your application to our Ph.D. Graduate Program can be found at the OHSU Graduate Studies Admissions website.
For specific questions regarding the content of your application, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQ") site.
Welcome to the graduate program in behavioral neuroscience.
Our training program focuses on the interface of behavior and biological mechanisms. The broad spectrum of research expertise in genetic, cellular, molecular and systems neuroscience complements our expertise in behavioral neuroscience and provides our students with a unique environment to pursue their graduate training. We integrate our diverse interests through the highly collaborative structure and collegiality of our program.
After graduating, some students pursue postdoctoral fellowships and other apply their expertise to careers in industry, government or communications.
- A thriving department with numerous world-class investigators
- Highly collaborative research environment
- Excellent training in designing and conducting behavioral experiments - a rare and valued skill in the neuroscience field
- Supportive faculty that want you to succeed
- Friendly, welcoming students that get along - work/life balance is important to us
- Our students are successful and have an above-average publication record
- Graduates get competitive postdocs at top institutions
- We are growing. many new faculty hires in the past couple of years are expanding the department's scope