Requirements for Admission
Minimum OHSU School of Medicine requirements for admission to a Graduate Program:
- A baccalaureate degree, or equivalent, from an accredited U.S. academic institution - or equivalent foreign institution. Official transcripts documenting coursework completed, grades received and degrees awarded from all universities attended are required.
- Degrees from Foreign Institutions - OHSU strongly encourages all applicants with foreign degrees to obtain a World Education Service International Credential Advantage Package (WES ICAP) course-by-course credential evaluation. The WES ICAP credential evaluation differs from a regular WES evaluation in that it includes verified transcripts; no official foreign transcript needs to be sent to OHSU in addition to the evaluation if the WES ICAP is submitted. Please consult WES's website for instructions www.wes.org; applicants are responsible for the full cost of this service. Please contact the program to see if the WES ICAP is required during the application process.
- Evidence of thorough training and background in the quantitative sciences including any specific courses required by the Graduate Program of application
- A cumulative grade-point average of all undergraduate courses of at least 3.0 (based on a letter grade system of A-4 points, B-3 points, C-2 points, D-1 point, F-0 points), or its equivalent in other grading systems
- Standardized tests are not a requirement for admission to the School of Medicine. However, individual graduate programs may choose to require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) during admissions. Programs that choose to require the GRE determine their own evaluation and scoring criteria of test scores; please check with your program to see if the GRE is required. If you need to report official GRE scores, please request ETS to send your scores to institution 4865.
- All foreign applicants for whom English is not a native language must take the one of the following:
Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Institutional code: 4865
English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Individual programs may have additional requirements - please check directly with the program.
Students with disabilities
OHSU is committed to inclusive and accessible learning environments in compliance with federal and state law. If you have a disability or think you may have a disability (mental health, attention-related, learning, vision, hearing, physical or health impacts) contact the Office for Student Access at 503-494-0082 or email@example.com to have a confidential conversation about academic accommodations. Information is also available at www.ohsu.edu/student-access. Because accommodations may take time to implement and cannot be applied retroactively, it is important to have this discussion as soon as possible.