- Ensuring library staff and patrons have effective technology and services.
- Coordinating within the library and with other organizations in the use of technology.
Areas of interest
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Library Science
- Systems and Technology
- Usability, U/X, Human Factors
- System Administrator, Computation Institute, University of Chicago, Chicago IL (2008-2015)
- System Architect, Lanworth, Itasca, IL (2007-2008)
- Manager of Server Support, Social Sciences Division, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (2001-2007)
- System Administrator, Computer Science, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo NY (1998-2001)
- Senior Network Technician, Monroe #1 BOCES, Penfield NY (1996-1998)
- Support Analyst, Xerox, Rochester NY (1995-1996)
- Laboratory Technician, Brain and Cognitive Psychology, University of Rochester, Rochester NY (1993-1995)
- MSLS, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (2015)
- BS Psychology, Excelsior College (2000)
Presentations & Publications
- Banerjee, K., & Forero, D. (2017, October). DIY DOI: Leveraging the DOI infrastructure to simplify digital preservation and repository management. Code4Lib, (38). https://doi.org/10.6083/M4NZ86RR
- Banerjee, K., Parks, B., Rinck, E. M., Enoch, T., Cornish, A., Thornhill, K., Forero, D., & Hill, K. (2017). Migrating library data: A practical manual. Chicago, IL: ALA Neal-Schuman, an imprint of the American Library Association.
- Thornhill, K., Anderson, M., Banerjee, K., & Forero, D. (2016, July). The User-Centered Repository: Foundational Conversations and Services. A presentation and panel discussion at Northwest Institutional Repository User Group, Portland, Oregon.
- Forero, D. (2015 April). Lightweight Transparent Data Visualization. Presented at the Master's Student Showcase of the Graduate School of Library and Information Science of the University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois.
- Green, A., Hartley, C., Doumani, P., & Forero, D. (2014, April). The Recursive-Relational Archaeological Database (ReArch) and Sherd Image Viewer and Analysis (ShIVA): A Post-Structural Model for Interdisciplinary Archaeological Research and Collaboration. Paper presented at Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology, Paris, France.
- American Library Association (2013 – Present)
- Association of College & Research Libraries (2015 - Present)
- Representative To The American Library Association's Office for Information Technology Policy advisory committee's subcommittee on 3-D printing (2015-2016)
- Representative To The American Library Association's Committee on Legislation's subcommittee on Government Information (2016-2017)
- Online Northwest (2016-Present)
- Member of Program Group