Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center aims to:
- Collaborate to develop appropriate formative and summative assessments of student learning and use analytics to improve validity and quality of assessments
- Promote student success by providing high-quality academic support services to OHSU's diverse learners
- Help programs measure and improve student learning outcomes by providing educational expertise and evaluation data
- Collaborate with faculty to develop, improve and implement best practices in teaching and course design
- Advise programs and departments on curricular improvements to ensure proper alignment of competency domains, student learning outcomes, course purpose statements and goals, learning objectives and assessments for continual program improvement
- Participate and contribute to a culture of scholarship and innovation to promote educational excellence
Below is a list of services the Teaching and Learning Center provides to help improve your academic program performance.
- Curriculum mapping: We can help you develop or identify curricular integration of what is written, taught and tested in a course or program. We will provide you with a tool set to help implement course and program alignment.
- Program and course evaluation: We are available to help improve course evaluation response rates and customize questions to meet your program evaluation needs.
- Adobe Connect: Would you like to host a webinar or synchronous e-learning experience? We can help you set up an Adobe Connect account and offer an initial training to get you started.
- Interactive trainings: We offer trainings on various education topics such as writing learning objectives, developing tests and MCQs, active learning strategies, developing student resilience, etc., which we can deliver online or in person.
- Educational technology support: Sakai Course Management System, iClickers (Audience Response System), Blue Course Evaluations
Student Learning Support
The Teaching and Learning Center's student learning support specialist supports students as they adapt their study and personal habits to the demands of being a student at OHSU. Often academic success can be achieved through changes in the way in which students approach their learning early in their academic program.
The student learning support specialist assists students with the following:
- Study skills
- Motivation and goal setting
- Learning styles and active learning strategies
- Test-taking skills and test anxiety
- Time (self) management
The student learning support specialist is also available to facilitate workshops, presentations or panel discussions on the above topics or create a custom presentation.
Students or faculty interested in meeting with the student learning support specialist or having her come to a class or present on a topic, email Shoshana Zeisman-Pereyo, Ph.D.
Training and EventsThe Teaching and Learning Center is invested in sharing its expertise and experience across the OHSU educational community. We offer interactive training opportunities, literature review discussions and a variety of other unique learning opportunities for all programs at OHSU. Please contact us if you'd like to work together – we love collaborating!
View a calendar of upcoming training and development events endorsed by the Teaching and Learning Center. View the calendar of upcoming events.
Train Your Brain
This learning series covers a variety of educational topics including test design, teaching and learning strategies, assessment, outcome measurement, curriculum mapping, Sakai tips and tricks and Quality Matters training. Current offerings are available on O2 (network ID required) or email the TLC with questions or requests.