Magnet recognition is awarded for nursing excellence, and OHSU is proud to be among the 6% of hospitals nationwide to hold this designation. Grow your career with us.
Welcome from the CNOI am proud that OHSU has achieved Magnet Recognition, awarded for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice. OHSU thrives on strong inter-professional relationships, recognizing the connection between a just culture and a safe patient environment. In collaboration with the prestigious OHSU School of Nursing, we are a team who strives for innovation, compassion and excellence.
Dana Bjarnason, Ph.D., R.N., NE-BC
At OHSU, you will find a wealth of opportunities to use and grow your knowledge, skills and abilities. We are Oregon's only public academic health center, continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country's top hospitals. Our fluid, learning environment allows for constant change, questioning and exploration. OHSU also strongly supports clinical and academic collaboration: We offer generous tuition reimbursement and flexibility that allow nurses to pursue additional education. As one of Oregon's largest employers, we provide family-wage jobs, opportunities for career growth and excellent benefits. Visit our nursing jobs page for more information and the latest opportunities.
Why join OHSU?
Nurses at OHSU, along with our entire medical staff, are united in our endeavor to create safe environments that provide the best possible care to patients. At OHSU, nurses' voices are heard — and respected. We are:
- A Magnet health care facility, recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
- Supported in performing state-of-the-art work, reinforced by providers at the top of their fields.
- Encouraged to take on high-level research and quality improvement opportunities, and to develop ideas for operational and clinical improvement.
- Actively involved in national and worldwide health care efforts, including community outreach, missions and volunteer efforts all over the world.
- Leaders in educational achievement, with 77 percent holding bachelor's or master's degrees in nursing and 40 percent earning certification in their specialty practice.
Portland's quirky, independent, fiercely intelligent, intensively livable and totally down to earth: Just the kind of place you'd like to live.
It's a great walking and biking city, with plenty of public transportation, a progressive atmosphere that celebrates the arts, a culture of great food, artisan coffee and neighborhoods full of shops selling handmade clothes, crafts and furniture.