The Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation board of directors, comprised of business, civic and philanthropic leaders, has appointed five new members.
Cambia Health Foundation gave a $4 million grant to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation in support of the Knight Cancer Challenge. Specifically, the funds will support innovation in Pediatric Palliative Care.
To celebrate the culmination of the 11th year of the Doernbecher Freestyle Program, Nike and OHSU Doernbecher auctioned off 11 pairs of a special "What The Doernbecher" shoes featuring design elements from all 13 of the program’s SB designs. The auction raised over $100,000 in support of the hospital.
Hope, a 2-year-old English Cream Golden Retriever, has joined Doernbecher as Chief Canine Officer. She will help provide comfort and companionship to families and children battling serious illness.
Portland artist Gary Hirsch created Brave Bots to help kids overcome fear during treatment.
You don’t need supernatural abilities to raise money for children in need, and the cast of “Grimm” recently proved that they’re adept at fundraising even without their characters’ special skills.
Improved communication among health-care providers during shift changes reduced injuries due to medical errors by 30 percent, according to a federally funded, multicenter study.
Six one-of-a-kind shoes and apparel pieces designed by OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital patients in collaboration with Nike designers and developers revealed
Anna Wilson, Ph.D., leads 'mindful studies' class at Wilson High School students learn to cope with teenage stress
Study finds incorrect use of car seats widespread among parents taking newborns home from hospital.
The Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation has hired Jim Ervin as the foundation’s executive director. Ervin began his new job June 2.
As featured in:
OHSU Doernbecher pediatric neurologist Dr. Carter Wray prescribes high-fat diet after medications fail, surgery could not correct epilepsy.
Doernbecher psychiatrist Dr. Keith Cheng provides tips for parents concerned about depression in their middle-schoolers.
Registered dietician April Mitsch says zucchini and other quick breads make healthy snacks and are good one-bowl recipes for kids to make.
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation supports Dr. Keller's research into childhood soft tissue sarcoma.
Doernbecher psychiatrist, Anna Wilson, M.D., discusses research showing that adolescents whose parents suffer from chronic pain may be more likely to develop ongoing pain too.
Jake Dering, 9, of Tualatin was one of seven Doernbecher patients chosen to design a pair of athletic shoes for the 2013 Nike Doernbecher Frestyle Collection.
OHSU Doernbecher patient-designers were at Nike Portland on Saturday to sign autographs and share their inspiring stories of triumph over serious illness.
Bulky winter coats can pose a serious threat by creating too much space in between your child’s body and the harness itself.
A new study shows prompt use of antiviral medications like Tamiflu or Relenza can save the lives of flu-stricken children in intensive care units — yet the drugs are being used less frequently than they once were.
Twins Kate and Kira Smith of Beaverton both brought their unique styles to the 2013 Nike Doernbecher Freestyle Collection.
Doernbecher's Ben Hoffman, M.D., says pediatricians and parents will benefit by knowing more about hypertrophic pyloric stenosis which occurs in 1 in 1,000 infants.
Without car seat installation help, many families can not figure out how to install them correctly.
A new study finds gunshot injuries in children are disproportionately more severe, deadly and costly than any other source of childhood injury. More
Shoes and apparel pieces designed by OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital patients in collaboration with Nike designers and developers are revealed.
Inspired by her daughters and a breast cancer diagnosis, a Northeast Portland Mom is on a mission to raise money for medical research.
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers named Doernbecher Hospital one of 14 major building engineering achievements of the past century.
Doernbecher Freestyle is a partnership between Doernbecher and Nike in which young patients design limited-edition Nike footwear (and for the first time, apparel pieces) and proceeds help support the hospital.
Hyundai Hope On Wheels® and Portland-area Hyundai dealers have awarded OHSU Doernbecher a $250,000 Hyundai Hope Grant for pediatric cancer research.
Doernbecher pediatrician, Ben Hoffman, M.D., shares practical considerations in mind while shopping for this essential back-to-school gear.
Dr. Craigan Usher, pediatric psychiatrist at OHSU Doernbecher, discusses heath concerns of screen time for the development of children, teenagers, and families.
Shelby Lee's Nike Free Run 2 is the fourth shoe to be rereleased in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Doernbecher Freestyle's 10th anniversary.
The St. Baldrick's Foundation has awarded Dr. Peter Kurre a $100,000 grant to pursue his lab's findings that leukemia cells release material that essentially reprograms bone marrow, boosting resistance to leukemia-fighting drugs.
Dr. David Rozansky, pediatric nephrologist at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, encourages good habits, regular blood pressure checks.
- 04/06/2015 Introducing Hope: OHSU Doernbecher’s new Hospital Facility Dog
- 11/06/2014 OHSU Doernbecher, Nike to unveil 2014 Doernbecher Freestyle Collection
- 06/10/2014 OHSU Doernbecher ranks among the nation’s best children’s hospitals in 10 specialties
- 06/09/2014 Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation hires new leader
- 05/29/2014 OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital announces patient-designers for 2014 Doernbecher Freestyle Program
- 05/09/2014 Hundreds of K-12 students will participate in candlelight procession to ‘rekindle’ hope for families at OHSU Doernbecher
- 11/19/2013 Nike Doernbecher Freestyle X collection available to public for first time Saturday
- 10/24/2013 Head of pediatric neurosurgery at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital to lead largest professional neurosurgical organization in the world
- 09/27/2013 Nike and OHSU Doernbecher to unveil 10th anniversary Doernbecher Freestyle Collection
- 09/11/2013 OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital awarded $250,000 research grant from Hyundai Hope on Wheels
- 08/06/2013 $100,000 childhood cancer research grant awarded to OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 07/08/2013 OHSU Doernbecher patients walk hospital halls to thank blood, marrow donors, support future patients
- 06/11/2013 OHSU Doernbecher ranks among the nation’s best children’s hospitals four years running
- 05/08/2013 Hundreds of students will participate in candlelight procession to ‘rekindle’ hope for patients, families at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 04/30/2013 RMHC, OHSU Doernbecher announce interim housing solution for families of seriously ill children traveling to Portland for medical care
- 11/19/2012 Astoria High School senior to deliver hundreds of toys for children at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 10/29/2012 OHSU Doernbecher, Massachusetts General team up to help troubled youth in the Pacific Northwest
- 09/26/2012 OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital wins $250,000 research grant from Hyundai Hope on Wheels in honor of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- 09/13/2012 OHSU Doernbecher nurse honored for work caring for children at the end of life
- View all news