OHSU nurse-midwives believe in:
- Providing compassionate, respectful and family-centered care.
- Promoting healthy living and illness prevention.
- Providing care that honors the normal process of birth.
- Developing a partnership with you and sharing information that helps you make informed decisions.
OHSU nurse-midwives are:
- Highly educated, licensed and certified health professionals.
- Experts in normal pregnancy and well-woman gynecology.
OHSU nurse-midwives offer:
- Longer appointment times than traditional clinics.
- Exceptional midwifery care with all the benefits and safety of a hospital setting.
- General gynecological care.
- Free, 20-minute "get to know you" maternity appointments.
- Care that honors the normal process of birth.
- Access to a waterbirth program established in 1997.
- Group prenatal care option.
- VBAC - vaginal birth after cesarean section.
- Care that is backed by the medical excellence of OHSU.
Schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 503-418-4500
Words from our patients
"I just want to take this opportunity to again thank you and the midwifery group at OHSU for taking such wonderful care of us during my pregnancy! I so appreciated your concern and empathy throughout my pregnancy and birth as well as your taking the time to not only listen to me but to hear me."
- OHSU nurse-midwife patient