Join us in the fight against melanoma!
Melanoma is the only cancer you can stop with your eyes. Yet, melanoma rates continue to rise nationwide. Oregonians, in particular, at a high-risk for this sinister disease, ranking in the top 10 in melanoma rates for both men and women. We will not stand back while this disease continues to take the lives of mothers, fathers, friends, and otherwise healthy individuals. We need to take decisive and collaborative action to fight back. Together we can end melanoma. Join us.
Join the fight by enlisting to become a melanoma Super Citizen or Hometown Hero:
Join a statewide network of trained Oregonians who activate their community and create a local chapter of melanoma Hometown Heroes! Estimated 3-5 hours per month.
- Complete Melanoma E-Learning Module (online)
- Learn critical information on melanoma, including what are skin cancers and melanomas, risk factors, what to look for, how to look, and what to do if you find something. (Approx. 1 hour).
- Launch Melanoma E-Learning Module.
- Participate in a two hour in-person training in your region.
- Lead one engagement activity each month to spread the word on melanoma early detection and the War on Melanoma™.
- Get access to new resources and trainings by Dr. Sancy Leachman and the War on Melanoma™ team.
Get involved by spreading melanoma awareness and early detection information to your community and circle of influence.
Log early detection activities
Have you completed any early detection outreach or activities in your community? Log your activities here for a chance to win a $100 gift card each month!