The OHSU Trauma service provides a twice weekly follow-up clinic that welcomes all trauma patients who were treated by our team while in the hospital at OHSU.
The trauma clinic provides the following services to trauma patients after their hospitalization:
- Evaluation and management of acute pain due to injury. Pain medications are generally prescribed for only the first 2 months after injury.
- Follow-up evaluation of minor traumatic brain injury with referral to the brain injury clinic if necessary
- Evaluation and management of complex wounds not being managed by another specialist
- Follow-up after any surgery performed by one of the Trauma Surgeons
The Trauma Clinic does not provide these services:
- Primary care and/or long-term management of illness unrelated to trauma, such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart failure
- Long-term management of chronic pain
- Management of surgical problems not related to the traumatic injury