Pancreas transplantation is provided for diabetic patients with kidney disease or those otherwise failing conventional therapy for diabetes management.
OHSU performs simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplants for patients who are candidates for this surgical procedure. OHSU has been performing simultaneous pancreas-kidney (SPK) transplants since 1987. We have the highest quality team of professionals who work closely with patients throughout the transplant process. We take a multidisciplinary approach to care for you, which includes an expert team that includes nephrologists, urologists, surgeons, nurse coordinators, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers, financial coordinators and patient service representatives.
- Angelo de Mattos
- Director, Transplant Medicine
- Joseph B. Lockridge, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine and Medical Director, Portland VA Medical Center Transplantation Kidney
- Nephrology and Hypertension and Transplantation Medicine/Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation Portland
- Douglas J. Norman, M.D.
- Nephrology and Hypertension, Transplantation and Transplantation Medicine/Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation Portland
- Shehzad Rehman, MD
- Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
- David L. Scott, M.D.
- Surgical director, kidney transplantation
- Surgery, Transplantation and Abdominal Organ Transplantation Portland
- Megan N. Stack, NP
- Nephrology and Hypertension and Renal Transplantation Portland
- David C. Woodland, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Surgery, Transplantation and Kidney Disease