New study opportunity
Exercise for prostate cancer survivors: GET FIT Prostate
Exercise after cancer!
GET FIT Prostate is a research study designed to learn what exercise program format is best for prostate cancer survivors who use(d) androgen deprivation therapy (ADT).
How can I exercise after prostate cancer?
By joining GET FIT Prostate, you will be invited to be a part of one of three exercise groups:
- Functional Balance (similar to tai chi) – A continuous, flowing sequence of individually choreographed movements.
- Functional Strength – Functional movement pattern exercises using weighted vests.
- Functional Mobility – Whole body flexibility exercises performed in a seated or lying position.
*All groups meet as 1 hour classes 3 times/week for 6 months.
As part of the study we will ask you to complete physical function tests and health surveys 4 times over 12 months.
Who can Participate?
Have completed surgery, radiation or chemotherapy for prostate cancer over 6 weeks ago? Either currently being treated or have been treated with androgen deprivation therapy (ADT)? If yes to both, call Carolyn Guidarelli at (503)-346-0307 or email email@example.com.
Exercise programs are:
- At flexible times and convenient locations.
- Led by trained professionals.
- Comfortable for first time exercisers.
- Provided at no cost.
- Safe for cancer survivors.
- Supportive team atmosphere.
- FRIENDLY AND FUN!
Let us know!
If you are interested in The GET FIT Prostate trial or in future research opportunities, fill out your contact information and click submit.