Provide funding for research career development of the next generation of academic radiation oncology investigators, consistent with the discovery missions of the Oregon Health & Science University. This program is make possible by the generous philanthropic support of Deanne and Dick Rubinstein.
Application Process & Section Criteria
- Demonstrated promise to carry out a focused research project(s)
- Submit a written proposal, projected timeline, and budget, & CV/biosketch
- Interview with the chair of the Department of Radiation Medicine
Oregon Health & Science University medical student in good academic standing.
Rubinstein Radiation Medicine Research Scholars will receive funding to carry out their respective research project(s).
Progress reports will be submitted on a regular basis to the chair of the Department of Radiation Medicine.
All abstracts, oral & poster presentations, submitted and published manuscripts, shall include both visual/written (and verbal for oral presentations) acknowledgment of contribution from the Rubinstein Radiation Medicine Research Scholar.
- 5 OHSU Medical Students Designated Rubinstein Radiation Medicine Research Scholars for 2013
- Leonel Kahn, Ruth White, and Joshua Walker are named for the 4th annual Rubinstein Radiation Research Scholar for 2012
- Bethany Samuelson named the 3rd annual Rubinstein Radiation Research Scholar for 2011
- Sophia Bornstein named the 2nd annual Rubinstein Radiation Research Scholar for 2010
- Kristina Hoot named the inaugural Rubinstein Radiation Research Scholar for 2009