The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management provides healthcare managers with the foundational tools to better lead projects and operations within the complex world of healthcare delivery. Designed for busy working professionals, the certificate is offered part-time to accommodate students balancing jobs, families and other commitments. The program enables students from around the nation to combine both in-person and online classes to graduate in as little as 9 months.
Hybrid class format
- 80 percent of the program's interaction is completed through online learning.
- 20 percent of the interaction is completed during our in-person Face-to-Face sessions.
Update: The health and safety of our students and faculty is our top priority and based on OHSU, state, federal, and CDC guidelines/recommendations regarding COVID-19, we are currently hosting all Face-to-Face sessions in a virtual classroom environment.
- Students can select to take two courses per term and complete the program in 9 months or take one class per term and complete the program in 21 months.
The program consists of six courses, listed below, for a total of 24 credits.
- MGT 519 Healthcare Project Management (4 credits)
- MGT 561 Managerial and Financial Accounting for Healthcare Professionals (4 credits)
- MGT 560 Organization, Financing, and History of Healthcare Delivery in the U.S. (4 credits)
- MGT 570 Operations and Quality Management for Healthcare (4 credits)
- MGT 563 Regulation and Legislation of Healthcare Delivery (4 credits)
- MGT 520 Becoming an Effective Manager (4 credits)
- 2020-2021 Tuition: $611 per credit hour.*
- 2020-2021 OHSU University Fee: $346 per term.
*Books and additional materials are not included in the tuition credit hour costs.
The certificate program admits students for fall, winter and spring terms of each academic year. Winter and spring term admission are offered on a space-available basis. We strongly encourage students to start in the fall term.
Visit our admission page to learn more about admissions requirements and steps.
Note: This program is offered on a part-time only basis; therefore, we cannot accept applicants on F-1 or J-1 student visas