Apply by June 7
The next cohort of the Education Scholars Program will run from September 14, 2021 to June 14, 2022.
Sessions will take place on Tuesdays from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Matriculated scholars should also anticipate 1 hour of preparation and 1 hour of application of learning to teaching settings each week.
Individuals with clinical teaching responsibilities who anticipate career paths significantly dedicated to scholarship in health professions education are welcome to apply. The program is open to physician chief residents, fellows and faculty, and educators with clinical teaching responsibilities from the professions of dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and physician assistants. Interested classroom educators may also apply and should contact the course directors directly.
Use the application link below to submit the following information no later than midnight on June 7, 2021:
- Current CV (as attachment)
- A description of your current teaching responsibilities and activities, and areas of interest in teaching, educational leadership, and/or education scholarship.
- An outline of your career goals in the next 3-5 years, and how you believe this program will help you attain those goals.
- Letter of support from the candidate’s direct supervisor (as attachment)
- The letter should highlight the candidate’s strengths and potential for contributions to the OHSU community of educators. The letter must indicate how the Department or Unit will assure the scholar will be free from other routine commitments on Tuesday afternoons between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and indicate commitment to covering tuition for non-School of Medicine applicants ($2500 per scholar).
Applications open: April 27
Applications close: June 7 at midnight (extended from previous May 23 deadline)
Decision notification: June 9